- Apple Arcade opens up an extraordinary catalog of games for players to enjoy on Apple Vision Pro, a revolutionary new spatial computer.
- Apple Music is bringing USHER fans a rich collection of exclusive content ahead of his highly anticipated Apple Music Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show.
- Apple Vision Pro, Apple’s revolutionary spatial computer, arrives in stores across the United States.
- Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2024 first quarter ended December 30, 2023.
- Apple today announced incredible new apps that will be available on Apple Vision Pro beginning Friday, February 2.
New York Times
- by Michael H. Keller and Jennifer Valentino-DeVriesNew Mexico’s attorney general has accused Meta of not protecting children from sexual predators on its platforms. He now wants to know how it polices subscribers to accounts featuring children.
- by Adam LiptakThe tech industry argues that laws in Florida and Texas, prompted by conservative complaints about censorship, violate the First Amendment. The court’s decision could fundamentally alter the nature of speech on the internet.
- by William J. BroadNew satellites that orbit the Earth at very low altitudes may result in a world where nothing is really off limits.
- by Noam ScheiberOnce again a juggernaut thanks to artificial intelligence, Microsoft has worked to shed its strong-arm image. Is there a catch?
- by Nico GrantThe company has suspended Gemini’s ability to generate human images while it vowed to fix the issue.
- by J. D. BiersdorferRetro-photography apps that mimic the appearance of analog film formats make your digital files seem like they’re from another era.
- by Brian X. ChenBilled as the future of computing, the $3,500 goggles can’t replace a laptop for work. At times, wearing them also made our columnist feel nauseated.
- by Jesus JiménezVideos, many of them stunts or jokes, of people wearing Apple’s new virtual reality headset while driving Teslas in Autopilot mode prompted officials to issue warnings.
- by Brian X. ChenThe new headset teaches a valuable lesson about the cost of tech products: The upsells and add-ons will get you.
- by Markham HeidHunching over a device can mess with your gait, slow you down and poison your mood. And that’s before you trip and fall.
Around the Web
- by Filipe EspósitoiOS 17.4 beta has been available to developers and beta testers since last month, and it brings a lot of significant changes such as App Marketplaces for installing apps outside the App Store in the EU. As the Digital Markets Act (DMA) antitrust legislation deadline is approaching, it seems that Apple is getting ready to […]
- by Filipe EspósitoApple Vision Pro still lacks many popular apps, and X (or Twitter, as you prefer) is one of them. While there’s no sign of an official visionOS app coming soon, an independent developer has created “Dusk” – an alternative X/Twitter client that lets Vision Pro users access the social network in an elegant way. more…
- by Seth KurkowskiListen to a recap of the top stories of the day from 9to5Mac. 9to5Mac Daily is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players. Sponsored by Capital One Shopping: Capital One Shopping users saved over $800 million in the past year. […]
- by Chance MillerNetflix is severing ties with Apple’s App Store billing system for good. Netflix stopped allowing new and rejoining subscribers to sign up with App Store billing back in 2018, but Netflix subscribers who were paying through Apple at the time were allowed to continue doing so. Now, that’s finally about to change. more…
- by Chance MillerAlongside major updates to the iPad, a new MacBook Air is also coming soon. The new 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Air models could be introduced at an event in March. Here’s everything we know so far. more…
- Macworld The Vision Pro launch might have received something of a mixed reception, but Apple has no intention of slowing its assault on the wearables market. Next on the list? Maybe a ring or a set of smart glasses that would bring some of Vision Pro’s advantages to consumers at a fraction of the price. […]
- Macworld In the latest version of the paid edition of the Power On newsletter, Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman reports that Apple has OS redesigns in mind. The company is focused on one for iOS 18, which will debit this summer at WWDC. Gurman also reports that a macOS redesign is in the works, too. However, the […]
- Macworld Apple TV+, the streaming service from Apple, arrived at the end of 2019 so it’s been here a while now, but it’s only recently come into its own as more and more people have discovered the shows on offer. Shows including Ted Lasso and For All Mankind, as well as movies like Greyhound, starring […]
- Macworld Welcome to our weekly Apple Breakfast column, which includes all the Apple news you missed last week in a handy bite-sized roundup. We call it Apple Breakfast because we think it goes great with a Monday morning cup of coffee or tea, but it’s cool if you want to give it a read during […]
- Macworld A few details about iOS 18 have already leaked, but after Mark Gurman recently reported that the next iPhone update would be “one of the biggest iOS updates–if not the biggest–in the company’s history,” we’ve been eagerly awaiting some more information about the new interface and features. In a follow-up report, Gurman throws a […]